Using the very best in green building technologies and small-space living ideas, this house is a truly urban oasis in the middle of the city. A completely detached home with an ample back yard.
Foyer with heated slate floors, spacious hall closet and adjacent powder room. Open plan main floor living space with all new central staircase connecting 3 levels. Wide plank hardwood flooring throughout main and upper floor. Double height window with walk-out to landscaped backyard. Well lit, all-new modern kitchen with built-in desk. Gorgeous master bedroom suite, with dressing area and spa-like ensuite bathroom with separate shower, soaker tub, and heated floors. Two good-sized bedrooms share second bathroom. Full height basement with separate laundry area.
- Airtight building envelope with “green” sprayed urethane foam (Airmetic Soya) insulation on walls and ceiling of main and second floors. R30 walls and R40 roof. Provides substantial reduction in energy costs.
- Heat pump for heating and cooling.
- Air Exchanger to ensure fresh, healthy air at all times.
- Energy Star windows with Low-E Argon Glass.
- Primarily locally-sourced building materials – bricks, lumber, gyproc, flooring, etc.
- Metal siding produced from recycled metal.
- Zero-V.O.C. healthy paints used throughout.
- Low-flow faucets and shower heads.
- Dual-flush toilets – 3 litres or 6 litres.
- Energy Star rated appliances (sold separately).
- Quartz kitchen counters – 90% recycled material.
- Partial CFL and LED energy-saving lighting.
- Rainwater collection system for garden irrigation.
- Close to public transportation and bike paths.